Animals arrive at The Moon Dog Farm with special needs for nurturing, decompression and time to regain trust. Once the animal is healed, fostered animals are made available for adoption through their respective organizations which are committed to finding loving and permanent homes.
Every Moon Dog Resident receives the following:
- 24 hour on site personalized care.
- Specialized feedings.
- Full veterinary attention as required.
- Emotional support.
- (Specialized) Exercise.
- Proper Mobility Equipment
- Transport to and from veterinary appointments.
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture Treatment when needed.
- Individualized attention.
- Canine Enrichment.
- Guinea Pig and Rabbit Enrichment.
- Tailored space for de-stressing and healing.
- A quiet, stress free environment utilizing holistic modalities.
Founder / Chief Dog Lover
Jill Angelo Birnbaum is the Chief Dog Lover at The Moon Dog Farm. Passionate about animal advocacy and welfare, Jill started working part time at a local animal shelter in 2014 helping animals of all kinds recover from heartbreak and trauma and find furever homes. Through her experiences, she saw the demand for fostering and the difference it made in the lives of each animal. After experiencing what it felt like to see countless broken, abused and neglected dogs return to health under her care, and feeling the joy and satisfaction of moving them on to adoption, she and husband Scott knew it was time to make the dream a reality. They sold their house, moved to the Illinois/Indiana border and founded The Moon Dog Farm in 2016. Jill spends most of her days in fur ridden, muddy paw-printed clothing nurturing those in need and loving every minute of it.
Co-Founder / Chief Treat Giver
Scott provides support in creating a loving, safe environment for rescued animals to heal and return to their natural state for transition to furever homes.