Animals arrive at The Moon Dog Farm with special needs for nurturing, decompression and time to regain trust. Once the animal is healed, fostered animals are made available for adoption through their respective organizations which are committed to finding loving and permanent homes.
Every Moon Dog Resident receives the following:
- 24 hour on site personalized care.
- Specialized feedings.
- Full veterinary attention as required.
- Emotional support.
- (Specialized) Exercise.
- Proper Mobility Equipment
- Transport to and from veterinary appointments.
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture Treatment when needed.
- Individualized attention.
- Canine Enrichment.
- Guinea Pig and Rabbit Enrichment.
- Tailored space for de-stressing and healing.
- A quiet, stress free environment utilizing holistic modalities.
Founder / Chief Dog Lover
Jill Angelo is a longtime animal welfare advocate with extensive experience working in an open-intake shelter, helping animals recover from injury, trauma, and abandonment. She saw firsthand how rescue services transformed the lives of countless animals in severe need. In 2016, Jill founded The Moon Dog Farm, a 501c3 U.S. non-profit that has rescued and nurtured numerous special-abled sanctuary dogs, fostered medical and hospice dogs, and placed hundreds of rescued guinea pigs and rabbits into adoptive homes. Accordingly, she spends many days in fur-ridden and muddy paw-printed clothes, loving every minute of it. Jill is also an Animal Chaplain dedicated to helping "Honor Animal Lives and Heal Human Hearts." Jill is ordained through the Compassion Consortium.
Learn more at: https://www.compassionconsortium.org/training.
Co-Founder / Chief Treat Giver
Scott provides support in creating a loving, safe environment for rescued animals to heal and return to their natural state for transition to furever homes.